Monday, September 20, 2010

Coming Down



"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

~Will Rogers







Now that the crazy mileage running week is over, I have to figure out what to do with myself.

I have to figure out how to use those lessons I learned, as well as the physical training, in the future. And to what end will I use them?

Do I want to train for an ultra, or concentrate on qualifying for Boston?

What are all of the options?



Man, my legs feel weird. I have never recovered from so much running before; this is a learning experience in its own right. I even felt guilty riding the bus today! Once you do something so difficult, it is hard to convince yourself its OK to take an easier road. The fulfillment of having run to and from UW every day is more powerful than I thought it would be, and I am fighting my urges to train.

Rest is part of training. The most important part. I think I said that to someone, recently...

1 comment:

  1. Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.
    Sun Tzu

    ReplyDelete