Monday, September 5, 2011

The Next 140.6 miles



A year seems like a long time...




...but it runs by in a blur.

That's what I was thinking as I drove away from Penticton, British Columbia, Canada last Tuesday. Having just signed up for Ironman Canada 2012, my third Ironman but first at Penticton, I caught myself having the "plenty of time until that rolls around" thoughts. Nice try, rookie. I knew better.

Sure, a year is 365 days, 52 weeks, 8760 hours. It IS a long time.

But then it happens. Suddenly it's 6 months away. Then 3 months. Then 3 weeks.

Then it's tomorrow.

Then I am standing on the beach wondering what happened to that year since I stood outside of a dirty white tent next to a serene Lake Okanogan thinking this was a good idea.

Here we go.





1 comment:

  1. ...and that year contains so many more than that final 140.6 miles...it's so much about THAT journey as much as the journey in the final day.

    Let's go, Ironman!

    ReplyDelete